Tuesday, February 26, 2008

On the scrap heap

Close up picture of a rubbish heap, features burnt headboards and two baby-like dolls one lying face-down, one face-up
I sent this image to Chantal recently as part of our exchange. I hope she doesn't mind me reproducing it here, because to me it symbolises so many things we've been talking about and making things about for each other. In other words it feels very personal between us, but then on the other hand it will eventually be shown to a large gallery audience... Anyhow, I'm not going to show you what I wrote on the back of it - you'll have to come to the exhibition to find out. I took the photo about 18 months ago at an old mining site near Redruth; I was so struck by the way the dolls had apparently been casually disregarded and dumped. The metaphors come flooding to my mind every time I look at it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now THAT is an image!
I love photography.
gx

Stephie said...

Aaah, thank you sweetie! Good to know you're still alive! x

Ariel said...

It is a metaphors attack. I wish I couldn't relate to this picture but, sadly, I can.