Monday, March 31, 2008

Josie's shoes

Chantal Brooks under drawings hanging from a rope across the Exchange gallery in PenzanceToday was a whole lot of fun! Oh yes it was: drawing, drawing, drawing! Chantal Brooks was running a workshop at the Exchange gallery in Penzance called 'I Can't Draw', the idea being to get visitors to the gallery to let go of their inhibitions, pick up a pencil and get drawing. She invited me along for the day as 'guest artist', so I spent the day drawing and talking to visitors. And drinking lots of coffee. And eating cake.

I haven't done much drawing for a while, so it was an opportunity not to be missed and to get stuck in and make use of the fantastic space. I had no plans and just drew some of the things Chantal had brought along. For some reason though, I was particularly taken with her daughter's first pair of shoes...

Black and white conte drawing of Josie's first pair of shoes

No comments: